Some General Granite Transformations FAQs
Q: Do you need to demolish or remove the benchtop?
- No! Granite Transformations’ unique slabs are manufactured to fit directly over your existing benchtop. Using special adhesives, the slabs are adhered directly to the benchtop surface. Our benchtops can be installed over any hard, durable surface.
Q: How long does an installation by Granite Transformation usually take?
- While each project varies (depending on the size of the space being transformed), Granite Transformations typically installs a standard size kitchen benchtop and splashback in 1 to 2 days!
Q: Is there any mess and disruption involved in a Granite Transformations installation?
- There is very limited mess, since there is usually no demolition involved.
Q: Why use Granite Transformations?
- Our revolutionary product line has been extensively tested and proven to be heat, stain, scratch and impact resistant. The diamond-polished surface makes cleaning easy. Because there are no grout lines, you have no fear of bacterial build up or dirty grout lines. Granite Transformations provides a stunning look and can add thousands of dollars to the value of your home. Our products are used by homeowners, architects, developers and builders in many countries throughout the world.
Q: Does Granite Transformations offer a warranty?
- Yes – our residential customers receive a lifetime warranty on Trend Surfaces by Granite Transformations.
Q: Can Granite Transformations’ products be used for new construction?
- Yes! Granite Transformations’ products can be used for new benchtops for homeowners, builders, kitchen suppliers, architects and designers.
Q: Can Granite Transformations’ products be used in bathrooms?
- Yes! Our products are a beautiful, grout-free alternative to tiles and can be used in any part of the bathroom including vanities, floors, walls and showers.
Q: Does Granite Transformations offer cabinet refacing? Is refacing a better alternative than replacing?
- Yes, Granite Transformations offers cabinet refacing where your old cabinet doors are simply replaced with new doors. Refacing your cabinets can save you money, time and stress associated with the demolition of existing cabinetry.
Q: As the stone is only 6.5m thick, is it strong?
- Granite Transformations is the only manufacturer that uses ForeverSeal®, a polymer resin that is infused into the benchtops that helps strengthen and seal them for lifetime use. It is one of the strongest benchtops products available on the market, see our performance characteristics chart.
Q: Can Granite Transformations handle my plumbing and electrical work too?
- Granite Transformations’ installers do not handle plumbing or electrical work themselves, but will arrange these services for you using only reputable, licensed plumbers and electricians.
Q: Where else can I use Granite Transformations’ products in my home, other than the kitchen or bathroom?
- You can use Granite Transformations’ products anywhere in your home such as fireplaces, offices, bars, recreation rooms, mosaics feature walls and floors. If you are building an addition to your home, we can create any kind of custom benchtop, wall, or flooring that you need. We also makeover kitchens and bathrooms inside boats and recreational vehicles.
Q: What’s the best way to clean my Granite Transformations’ benchtops without damaging them?
- The beauty of our benchtops is that they require little maintenance, and don’t require any specialty cleaning products (as slab granite does). Our benchtops are nonporous, which means they will not absorb colours or odours. Use a mild, all-purpose cleaner as outlined in our care and maintenance guide.
Q: Why should I choose Granite Transformations’ products over all of the other products out there?
There are several reasons why Granite Transformations’ products are superior:
- Are proudly an Australian company and are celebrating 20 years in business this year.
- Granite Transformations are the original benchtop resurfacing specialists
- Have over 170 franchises around the world and continue to grow
- Are fully licensed and insured
- Provide a written product lifetime warranty with guaranteed company backup
- All installers and employees are fully trained and accredited
- Have installed 1 million benchtops around the world
- We are a one-stop shop for all your home needs, offering granite, quartz and recycled glass benchtops, cabinet refacing and mosaic tile splashbacks
- Benchtops are easy to clean, non-porous, and maintain their beauty
- Materials are installed quickly (in days instead of weeks)
- Installation does not require demolition, resulting in a no-mess, no-stress experience
- Recycled glass benchtops and mosaic tiles contain post-consumer recycled content, creating a unique and stunning look that you can’t find anywhere else
- We offer cabinet refacing, which can cost nearly half the price of replacement
- We don’t use subcontractors (stone installation is done by all our employees), so you know the job will be done right