There’s no doubt that the kitchen is fast evolving into the hub of the home. Now a popular place to both cook and entertain, it’s important to combine both functionality and style in your design.
Creating a kitchen that is as inviting as it is practical may seem as overwhelming as the thought of having 20 guests over for dinner but – never fear!
These 8 key design elements should get you well on the way to creating a space where you can entertain for the masses and still be able to join in on the fun!
– Plan ahead and think about how you use your kitchen when deciding on the layout, to create a streamlined space for work and play. A dining area that flows smoothly off the kitchen is a great way to extend the entertaining zone and ensure that your guests feel comfortable.
– Opt for durable and easy to clean materials such as engineered stone finishes for benchtops and splashbacks so you can spend less time worrying about the mess and more time enjoying yourself. Try ‘Trend Surfaces’ engineered benchtops, exclusive to Granite Transformations.
– An island bench is a must! Create a multi-functional space with plenty of room to prepare and serve food as well as dine.
– With such a huge variety on the market, it’s important to choose the right kitchen appliances to suit your needs. If you’re often entertaining, a large fridge is important to provide sufficient storage, as is an oven big enough to prepare the required amount of food. Electrolux have a great range of integrated appliances to suit any space.
– When it comes to the kitchen sink, double up if possible. It will always come in handy, allowing you to prepare food and wash up simultaneously.
– Set the mood with the right lighting to create the perfect ambience. Dimmable downlights are great for both Illuminating and softening the room when needed, while some perfectly positioned pendants above the kitchen bench will instantly add warmth to the ‘entertaining zone’.
– Open shelving is a great way to provide easy access to any glasses or serving ware, allowing guests to help themselves as they need.