Planning to redecorate your kitchen but not quite there with your savings? Why not consider adding some new furnishings in the meantime. Whether you want a cosy country kitchen or a sleek modern space, get inspired by these stylish and smart ideas:
1. Fill a white bowl with fresh fruit, vase of fresh flowers or an art print leaning up against the splash back for a decorative touch. Try to look for things with different textures and heights to add a big more depth to the space.
2. Most kitchens involve a monochromatic design or a neutral colour scheme. Think of this as an opportunity to splash some colourful accessories into the mix and update your palette. Keep a colourful pot or kettle on the stove for a decorative touch and store cooking utensils in a simple container beside the stove.
3. Should budgets not allow for a splash back then think about creating an eye catching feature on a budget. If you have an island bench top why not add a pop of colour by switching up the stools. Or think about adding a few pendent lights above the island bench top.
4. When adding accessories to a kitchen, ensure that the décor doesn’t interfere with work flow, or you’ll find yourself frustrated.
5. One point to keep in mind is that less is more. No one likes clutter, especially not in the kitchen where traffic can get heavy and someone’s always cooking.
So get up out of your seat, walk to your kitchen and see which of your accessories are working and which ones are not. When you’re next at the shops purchase a fresh bunch of flowers and a few lemons and make a start on your need look!
Want to know more?
Let us know what you are interested in and we will get right back to you