Kitchen Makeover Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry into this Competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other advertisements or reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
4. The Promoter is Granite Transformations Pty Ltd (ACN 074 218 778).
5. Entry is open to all Australian residents, except employees of the Promoter and their immediate family members, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following; spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
6. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as the date of Entry.
7. Entrants must be the registered home owner of the premises entered into the Competition. If an entrant is not the registered home owner they are automatically disqualified.
How to Enter
8. The Competition may be entered by submitting an original entry, in 25-words-or-fewer, answering the question “Why do you deserve a kitchen makeover?”
9. Entrants may submit one (1) photograph in support of their entry.
10. Entries must be submitted to the Promoter at www.facebook.com/Granitetransformationsaus
11. Entries must include all requested contact details and material to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name.
12. Each Entrant may only enter the Competition once.
Date of Competition
13. The Competition opens Monday 16 October 2017 09:00 AEDT.
14. The Competition closes Thursday 30 November 2017 17:00 AEDT.
15. The Winner of the Competition shall be the best valid entry as judged by the Promoter’s judging panel and Shaynna Blaze (Guest Judge) between 1 December 2017 to 10 December 2017 at the Promoter’s premises.
16. In determining the Winner, the judging panel shall have regard to the skill, originality and creativity of the entries received.
17. The Winner shall be notified via phone and email and announced by the Promoter on Friday 15 December on the Promoter’s Facebook and Instagram:
18. The Promoter’s decision regarding the Winner is final and non-negotiable. The Promoter shall not enter into any correspondence regarding the results of the Competition.
19. For the avoidance of doubt this is a game of skill and chance shall play no part in determining the Winner.
20. The Major Prize is a kitchen makeover valued up to $25,000 as at 29/09/17, which shall include the following components:
- New kitchen fittings as approved by the Promoter up to the retail value of $15,000 (including labour);
- Up to $10,000 full retail value of kitchen appliances from ASKO appliances;
- Shaynna Blaze may provide consulting advice on the colours or design of the new kitchen, but shall not design the makeover (no monetary value).
21. The Major Prize is valid for the period of 12 months from the date of the Winner being notified.
22. The Promoter makes no guarantee that the Guest Judge shall be able to participate in the Competition as stated or that the Guest Judge shall be able to consult on the design of the makeover.
23. The Major Prize and its components are subject to availability and the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal value if necessary.
24. Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting any prize from this Competition.
25. The Winner shall be responsible for any necessary authority approvals in relation to the Major Prize.
26. The Winner shall be responsible for any further costs arising out of taking the Major Prize above the Major Prize value.
27. If any part of the Major Prize is not taken or the full value of the Major Prize is unable to be applied then than amount shall be forfeited and no compensation shall be payable.
28. The Promoter makes no representations as to the suitability or quality of the Major Prize and the Winner accepts and takes part in this Competition at their own risk.
Further Terms and Conditions
29. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend the Competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Competition.
30. The Promoter and its related entities and associates shall not be liable for any issues or technical malfunctions which may affect any person entering the Competition or the judging of the Competition.
31. Any Entrant found to be entering incorrect details or engaging in fraudulent behaviour shall be immediately disqualified. If such an entrant is awarded a prize then the Promoter may remove that Entrant as a winner. The Promoter has the sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached and its decision in relation to this clause shall be final.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner sign a deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, including to provide proof of identity or proof of residency in order to claim a prize. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable proof the winner will forfeit the prize and no substitute will be offered.
33. In the event a winner is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions the Promoter reserves the right to choose a substitute winner.
34. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Competition is final and binding, and no correspondence shall be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
36. In participating in this Competition, all entrants and winner(s) agree to participate in all editorial and promotional activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interview, photographed and recorded. All entrants and winners agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including all forms of online and social media. No entrant or winner shall be granted a fee for such use.
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability for any personal injury, or any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect arising in any way out of this Competition.